Coming back from my business travels and actually soon the time to announce the weight loss contest winner.
I was getting a lot of new users recently on my website and I try to answer as they come, anyway due to my absence I was unable to follow them immediately.
About winner announcement I am going to write a separate post.
Today a bit about my trip to Texas, US.
As most of you probably know Texas is very famous of its food, Tex-Mex, and different type of Pappas…,
not only these but many, many others, price wise very reasonable. However I notices since I move out of Texas back in 2013, price in Houston area went up.
I took with me all my family and what I was afraid that actually we will be eating too much and I gain weight quickly. In restaurant you are unable to control how much fat or carbohydrates is in it. So coming back from my business travel and no gain weight, well no loose but not gain it is achievement too, I want to share how to dine during business travel not to get additional weight. It was one of my biggest problem before, I was usually gained the weight as I ate huge breakfast, lunch and dinner with big desert. In the meantime eating chips or other hand evening drinking wine.
Surprisingly this time I almost did not change my habit, but did a little modification.
I was not watching amount I ate, rather focusing on what I was eating.
Here you can see photos from Pappadeaux and Oceanaria Restaurants:
For example for breakfast I took white eggs, oat bran with some berries.
Lunch if I had small, salad or so. For dinner I tried to eat mainly seafood or meat: oysters on the shell, lobster tail, stake. I came for the best season for crawfish, and this was also one of my main menu. We ordered wine, and believe me I was shocked when checking weight when I came back no change, maybe 1 pound. I had no time to exercise, only one day I was able to go to gym & for horse riding.
Today let me summarize few tips for you while on business travel, I am sure you have a similar complaints & excuses as I had before:
1. The food selection is not lean what to do?
– You can pre-order in the plane the diet food, or fish instead of normally served,
– Another way if you cannot make a selection, eat only protein out of served dish, skip potato, chips, or rice or noodles
– If you still do not feel like eating food served in the plane, you can go on the airport to the restaurant and order salad, and eat there or take to go.
2. How to make healthy choices in hotel?
– If you are at the hotel, and food is not lean, then eat only berries and oat brans, ask to make only white eggs or eat the boiled ones. Skip the bread and any fat add like bacon.
– The other option would be to go the grocery and buy something small for breakfast, but most of the hotel should have some kind of lean choices so you are not forced to eat scramble eggs and bacon.
3. What if I am served lunch at the client or supplier or invited for lunch?
– Usually people who are invited they do not want to put the person who invites us in uncomfortable situation or make such lunch inconvenient, or think they may be rude not to eat what is served
– Remember it is not impolite to tell you are on diet and ask for ordering lean food
– The other option is to eat half, also explaining that main reason is you are on diet
– Keep the same solution as in the plane when food is served and eat only proteins and veggies
4. Coming now to dinner with business guests, the most hard part to keep lean, right?
– Not exactly, why because here you can make a choice of dish you order unless it is pre-ordered than same rules as during lunch applies
– If you should assist drinking wine, skip desert. Overall I recommend to avoid sugar and sweet dishes, but if you cannot restrain, share with someone.
5. I do not have time for exercise during business travel!!!
– This is also very true, usually it may be because of jet lag, early meetings & late dinners. Other meetings convention or you have urgent work to be done
– Try at least do something one day is better than nothing
– If you have jet lag, sometimes instated of working I went to gym, even at the night time, or very early morning – 4am
– If you are too tired, just walk on treadmill 1h, without jogging, go to swimming pool if you can
– Do not give up in full your weight loss program, name it ‘freeze period’, meaning you come back to it immediately when you are back home
– Do not extend ‘freeze period’ to put diet on hold longer after coming back from business travel
Overall the main mistakes we do is:
1. Lack of continuity in our strive to our goals
2. Human tent to finds too many excuses, instead of turning them to opportunities
3. By our nature we are lazy, so we try to avoid forcing ourselves to anything that requires more efforts
4. If we lose our routines , we lose control over what we are doing, not only weight loss, but sometimes our lives
Let us do not give up and pursue to our goas to make our dreams come true.
We can still enjoy life and make it even more successful when we manage to overcome our weaknesses.
Our proud of ourselves will make us even stronger for the next push!
Wish you all good luck in your race to make things happen !!!